Re: about image's largest size

A single image can be as large as you want, or at least as large as your pool size.
But you want to take into consideration the maximum size allowed by the filesystem on top of your volume and the maximum size supported by you OS vendor if any.

And even if supported and even considered the resiliency of most linux filesystems, I do not think having a filesystem of hundreds of TB or even PB would be a good choice. Issues and errors just happen and you do not want to put all your eggs in the same basket.

Also keep in mind that Ceph is a distributed storage platform, hence performance is mainly achieved by parallel accesses to the cluster. So you want many files accessed simultaneously on many volumes to maximize performance.