Re: cephfs reporting 2x data available

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Daniel Davidson
<danield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have just deployed a cluster and started messing with it, which I think
> two replicas.  However when I have a metadata server and mount via fuse, it
> is reporting its full size.  With two replicas, I thought it would be only
> reporting half of that.  Did I make a mistake, or is there something I can
> change to get around that?

It reports the overall (raw) free space available on the cluster, i.e.
not accounting for replication.  I'm assuming that by "it is
reporting" you mean that "df" is reporting this on your ceph-fuse
mount.

Because the replica count is a per-pool thing, and a filesystem can
use multiple pools with different replica counts (via files having
different layouts), giving the raw free space is the most consistent
thing we can do.

If you want to see a smarter view of available space, use "ceph df",
which gives you a pool breakdown and and an "available" size that
takes account of replication.

John