Re: strange cache tier behaviour with cephfs

Hello,

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 02:52:43 +0200 Oliver Dzombic wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> if i read a 1,5 GB file, which is not changing at all.
>
> Then i expect the agent to copy it one time from the cold pool to the
> cache pool.

Before Jewel, that is what you would have seen, yes.

Did you read what Sam wrote and me in reply to him?

> In fact its every time making a new copy.

Is it?
Is there 1.5GB of data copied into the cache tier each time?
An object is 4MB, you only had 8 in your first run, then 16...

> I can see that by increasing disc usage of the cache and the increasing
> object number.
>
> And the non existing improvement of speed.

That could be down to your network or other factors on your client.

Christian
chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications
http://www.gol.com/