From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of fridifree
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 6:00 AM
To: Ceph Users
Subject: [ceph-users] Problems with Calamari setup

Hello, Everyone.

I'm trying to install a Calamari server in my organisation and I'm encountering some problems.

I have a small dev environment, just 4 OSD nodes and 5 monitors (one of them is also the RADOS GW). We chose to use Ubuntu 14.04 LTS for all our servers. The Calamari server is provisioned by VMware for now, the rest of the servers are physical.

The packages' versions are as follows:

- calamari-server - 1.3.1.1-1trusty

- calamari-client - 1.3.1.1-1trusty

- salt - 0.7.15

- diamond - 3.4.67

I used Calamari Survival Guide but without the 'build' part.

The problem is I've managed to install the server and the web page, but the Calamari server doesn't recognize the cluster. It does manage to OSD nodes connected to it, but without a cluster (that exists).

Also, the output of the "salt '*' ceph.get_heartbeats" command seems to look fine, as the Cthultu log (but maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing). Re-installing the cluster is not an option, we want to connect the Calamari as it is, without hurting the Ceph cluster.

Thanks so much!

Jacob Goldenberg,

Israel.