multiple, independent rgws on the same ceph cluster

Hi,

Is there a way to accomplish the $subject?

I’ve tried to set rgw_zone, as from Jewel all rgw pools are prefixed with the zone name, however, this seems to depend on the metadata in an .rgw.zone pool which of course doesn’t exist in case of independent rgw installations.

Is there a way to make sure that _all_ pools are prefixed with something?

looking at the source there are only 4 options governing this:

ceph/src/common/config_opts.h:OPTION(rgw_zone_root_pool, OPT_STR, ".rgw.root")    // pool where zone specific info is stored
ceph/src/common/config_opts.h:OPTION(rgw_zonegroup_root_pool, OPT_STR, ".rgw.root")  // pool where all zone group info is stored
ceph/src/common/config_opts.h:OPTION(rgw_realm_root_pool, OPT_STR, ".rgw.root")  // pool where all realm info is stored
ceph/src/common/config_opts.h:OPTION(rgw_period_root_pool, OPT_STR, ".rgw.root")  // pool where all period info is stored

but even after changing all of them it tries to read the metadata from .rgw.root if I specify rgw_zone; I understand that rgw_zone is to be used when there are multiple zones in one radosgw, however, it would give me the prefix except this one, little hassle.

Any pointers?

Cheers,
Zoltan