Re: mount error 5 = Input/output error (kernel driver)

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Jens Offenbach <wolle5050@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hallo,
> in my OpenStack Mitaka, I have installed the additional service "Manila" with a CephFS backend. Everything is working. All shares are created successfully:
>
> manila show 9dd24065-97fb-4bcd-9ad1-ca63d40bf3a8
> +-----------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Property                    | Value                                                                                                                  |
> +-----------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | status                      | available                                                                                                              |
> | share_type_name             | cephfs                                                                                                                 |
> | description                 | None                                                                                                                   |
> | availability_zone           | nova                                                                                                                   |
> | share_network_id            | None                                                                                                                   |
> | export_locations            |                                                                                                                        |
> |                             | path = 10.152.132.71:6789,10.152.132.72:6789,10.152.132.73:6789:/volumes/_nogroup/b27ad01a-245f-49e2-8974-1ed0ce8e259e |
> |                             | preferred = False                                                                                                      |
> |                             | is_admin_only = False                                                                                                  |
> |                             | id = 9b7d7e9e-d661-4fa0-89d7-9727efb75554                                                                              |
> |                             | share_instance_id = b27ad01a-245f-49e2-8974-1ed0ce8e259e                                                               |
> | share_server_id             | None                                                                                                                   |
> | host                        | os-sharedfs@cephfs#cephfs                                                                                              |
> | access_rules_status         | active                                                                                                                 |
> [...]

I think this is because the kernel client doesn't support cephfs
namespaces yet.  Mitaka shares created with the cephfs native driver
use them instead of RADOS pools for security isolation.

As a workaround, I was going to suggest "cephfs:data_isolated=true"
when creating shares, so that a separate RADOS pool is created instead
of a namespace within the existing pool.  Pools are much more expensive
than namespaces in terms of cluster resources though, so it's viable
only if you are going to have a small number of shares.

However, it seems that ceph.dir.layout.pool_namespace is set even if
a separate pool is created:

    https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/pybind/ceph_volume_client.py#L472

This seems like over-doing to me.  It also prevents the above
workaround from working.  John, can we stick an else in there and fixup
{de,}authorize()?

Thanks,

                Ilya