Re: help removing an rbd image?

Samuel,

Back again.   I converted my cluster to use 24 filestore OSDs, and ran the
following test three times:

rbd -p ssd_replica create --size 100G image1
rbd --pool ssd_replica bench-write --io-size 2M --io-threads 16 --io-total
100G --io-pattern seq image1
rbd -p ssd_replica rm image1

and in each case the rbd image was removed successfully, rados showed no
leftover objects other than 'rbd_directory' which I could remove with
rados.  (The pool is empty other than for this one image.)  I then
converted the cluster back to all-bluestore OSDs.  For my first run I only
created a 10G-sized image1 object, and that was removed successfully.  I
then repeated the above with 100G, and the problem reappeared, I again
have objects I cannot remove.  (bluestore warnings removed for brevity).

[root@alpha1-p200 ~]# rbd -p ssd_replica ls
image1
[root@alpha1-p200 ~]# rbd -p ssd_replica rm image1
Removing image: 100% complete...done.
[root@alpha1-p200 ~]# rbd -p ssd_replica ls
image1
[root@alpha1-p200 ~]# rados -p ssd_replica ls | wc -l
8582

This is slightly different than last time in that the rbd image 'image1'
still appears in the pool, I don't get the "No such file or directory"
errors anymore for the rbd image.  But I do get those errors for the
leftover objects that make up the image when I try to remove them:

[root@alpha1-p200 ~]# rados -p ssd_replica rm
rbd_data.112d238e1f29.0000000000002d3d
error removing ssd_replica>rbd_data.112d238e1f29.0000000000002d3d: (2) No
such file or directory

I'm not sure where to go from here.   Suggestions?

Kevan