Re: Jewel ubuntu release is half cooked

Hello!

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:26:38AM +0100, andrei wrote:

> 1. Ceph journals - After performing the upgrade the ceph-osd processes are not starting. I've followed the instructions and chowned /var/lib/ceph (also see point 2 below). The issue relates to the journal partitions, which are not chowned due to the symlinks. Thus, the ceph user had no read/write access to the journal partitions. IMHO, this should be addressed at the documentation layer unless it can be easily and reliably dealt with by the installation script.

I had met the same trouble and have to chown journal partitions. A also have
14.04, upgrading Ceph from Hammer (ubuntu-cloud archive) to Jevel (Ceph site)
On another node, running Ubuntu 16.04 and ceph from Ubuntu repo, no such
issues found.

I prefer to upgrade Ceph first and upgrade all systems and Openstack services
later.

--
WBR, Max A. Krasilnikov