Re: OSD process doesn't die immediately after device disappears

Hi Somnath,

Somnath Roy <Somnath.Roy@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> FileStore doesn't subscribe for any such event from the device. Presently, it is relying on filesystem (for the FileStore assert) to return back error during IO and based on the error it is giving an assert.
> FileJournal assert you are getting in the aio path is relying on linux aio system to report an error.
> It should get these asserts pretty quickly not couple of minutes if IO is on.

ACK:
I retried with either the journal or the data fs on an usb thumb drive:
The OSD took ~ 1 sec to crash.

> Are you saying this crash timestamp is couple of minutes after ?

Yes, but let me double check. The test I originally wrote about had the
disks behind a RAID controller.. I think there may be some weirdness
there :/

Thanks,
~marcel

--