Re: Erasure pool performance expectations

Yes that sounds about right, but this will only be for optional promotions (ie reads that meet the recency/hitset settings). If you are doing any writes, they will force the object to be promoted as you can't directly write to an EC pool. And also don't forget that once the cache pool is full, it will start evicting/flushing cold objects for every new object that gets promoted into it.

Few questions

1. What promotion rates are you seeing?

2. How are you measuring the promotion rate just out of interest?

3. Can you confirm that the OSD is picking up that setting  correctly by running something like (sudo ceph --admin-daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-osd.0.asok config show | grep promote)?