Re: straw_calc_version

Thank you for the info.

Basically I should just set it to 1.

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 5:12 PM Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Tu Holmes <tu.holmes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello again Cephers... As I'm learning more and breaking more things, I'm
> finding more things I don't know.
>
> So currently, with all of the other things since I started upgrading to
> Jewel, I'm seeing this in my logs.
>
> crush map has straw_calc_version=0
>
> Now, yes, I understand the general crush map and what it does, but what is
> this straw_calc_version.
>
> Should I change this tunable to a different version?
>
> Is there a potential for it to break something if I do?
>
> I didn't see this before the Jewel upgrade, so I'm inclined to change it,
> but I want to make sure I'm not breaking something.

See http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map#straw-calc-version-tunable
and http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/release-notes/#adjusting-crush-maps

This was initially an option in Firefly, but with Jewel we're pushing
you a little harder to switch. It shouldn't break anything directly
(unlike most other crush tunables, it doesn't change which clients can
connect) but does have potential for data movement.
-Greg