CRUSH map help

I'm trying to setup a crush rule, and I was hoping you guys could clarify something for me.

I have 4 storage nodes across 2 cabinets. (2x2)

I have the crush hierarchy setup to reflect this layout (as follows):

rack cabinet2 { id -3 # do not change unnecessarily # weight xxxx alg straw hash 0 # rjenkins1 item cephstore04 weight xxxx item cephstore02 weight xxxx
}
rack cabinet1 { id -3 # do not change unnecessarily # weight xxxx alg straw hash 0 # rjenkins1 item cephstore03 weight xxxx item cephstore01 weight xxxx } root default { id -1 # do not change unnecessarily # weight xxxx alg straw hash 0 # rjenkins1 item cabinet2 weight xxxx item cabinet1 weight xxxx }
The default ruleset is as follows: (Big surprise!!)
rule replicated_ruleset { ruleset 0 type replicated min_size 1 max_size 10 step take default step choose firstn 0 type osd step emit }

If I want this to ensure that there is at least 1 copy of the data in each cabinet, would I just change it to:

rule replicated_ruleset { ruleset 0 type replicated min_size 1 max_size 10 step take default step choose firstn 0 type rack step emit }

Or should it be:

rule replicated_ruleset { ruleset 0 type replicated min_size 1 max_size 10 step take default step chooseleaf firstn 0 type rack step emit }

Or is there something more complicated I should be doing? I took a look at https://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg19140.html and it sounds like this is what I want, but I've also see examples like the following:

rule replicated_ruleset { ruleset 0 type replicated min_size 1 max_size 10 step take default
step choose firstn 2 type rack step chooseleaf firstn 0 type osd step emit }

As you might have noticed, I'm a little confused, so any assistance is greatly appreciated. And just to clarify once more, I want to make sure that it stores at least one copy in each rack. Advice on getting more granular is welcome as well however, as I there are pools with both 2x and 3x replication setup.

Cheers,
-
Stephen Mercier | Sr. Systems Architect
Attainia Capital Planning Solutions (ACPS)
O: (650)241-0567, 727 | TF: (866)288-2464, 727