Re: CephFS + CTDB/Samba - MDS session timeout on lockfile

ACLs.  See:
> > http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/15783.
> >
> > My current status is IP failover is working, but I am seeing data
> > corruption on writes to the share when using kernel mounts. I am also
> > seeing the issue you reported when I kill the system holding the CTDB
> > lock file.  Are you verifying your data after each failover?
>
> I must admit you are slightly ahead of me. I was initially trying to just
get
> hard/soft failover working correctly. But your response has prompted me to
> test out the scenario you mentioned. I'm seeing slightly different
results, my
> copy seems to error out when I do a node failover. I'm copying an ISO from
> 2008 server to the CTDB/Samba share and when I reboot the active node,
> the copy pauses for a couple of seconds and then comes up with the error
> box. Clicking try again several times doesn't let it resume. I need to do
a bit
> more digging to try and work out why this is happening. The share itself
does
> seem to be in a working state when trying to click the try again button,
so
> there is probably some sort of state/session problem.
>
> Do you have multiple vip's configured on your cluster or just a single IP?
> have just the one at the moment.

Just to add to this, I have just been reading this article

https://nnc3.com/mags/LM10/Magazine/Archive/2009/105/030-035_SambaHA/article
.html

And the following paragraph seems to indicate that what I am seeing is the
correct behaviour? I 'm wondering if this is not happening in your case and
is why you are getting corruption?

"It is important to understand that load balancing and client distribution
over the client nodes are connection oriented. If an IP address is switched
from one node to another, all the connections actively using this IP address
are dropped and the clients have to reconnect.

To avoid delays, CTDB uses a trick: When an IP is switched, the new CTDB
node "tickles" the client with an illegal TCP ACK packet (tickle ACK)
containing an invalid sequence number of 0 and an ACK number of 0. The
client responds with a valid ACK packet, allowing the new IP address owner
to close the connection with an RST packet, thus forcing the client to
reestablish the connection to the new node."

Nick