Re: ACL support in Jewel using fuse and SAMBA

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 2:10 AM, Eric Eastman
<eric.eastman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Eric Eastman
>> <eric.eastman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Eric Eastman
>>> <eric.eastman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>

>>> A simple test of setting an ACL from the command line to a fuse
>>> mounted Ceph file system also fails:
>>> # mkdir /cephfsFUSE/x
>>> # setfacl -m d:o:rw /cephfsFUSE/x
>>> setfacl: /cephfsFUSE/x: Operation not supported
>>>
>>> The same test to the same Ceph file system using the kernel mount
>>> method works.
>>>
>>> Is there some option in my ceph.conf file or on the mount line that
>>> needs to be used to support setting ACLs on a fuse mounted Ceph file
>>> system?
>>
>> A quick check of the man page doesn't tell me what setfacl is doing,
>> but I imagine this is another oddity of using FUSE filesystems.
>>
>> Judging by https://sourceforge.net/p/fuse/mailman/message/23787505/
>> there's some superblock flag that needs to be set in order for the VFS
>> to allow ACLs. I'm not sure offhand if that's something that FUSE will
>> let us do or not; please create a tracker ticket and somebody will get
>> to it.
>> -Greg
>
> Thank you for your help. I have opened: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/15783

fuse kernel does not have ACL support. To use ACL, you need to add
"--fuse_default_permission=0 --client_acl_type=posix_acl" options to
ceph-fuse. The  '--fuse_default_permission=0' option disables kernel
file permission check and let ceph-fuse do the check.

Regards
Yan, Zheng