Migrating from Ubuntu to CentOS / RHEL

Hey Cephers.

So I have been thinking about migrating my Ceph cluster from Ubuntu to CentOS.

I have a lot more experience with CentOS and RHEL.

What would be the best path to do this in your opinions?

My overall thought would be to rebuild my mons with CentOS and upgrade the kernel and finally move into Jewel, but I'm thinking I could have some conflicts.

Obviously my mons need to be at jewel before my nodes, but do you think I could do it at the same time or should I go ahead and upgrade the kernels all around and then upgrade to Jewel and then move monitors to CentOS and then my nodes one at a time?

If that's the case, do I need to upgrade the kernels before Jewel or will it be "ok" enough?

Thoughts?

Any tips greatly appreciated.

//Tu Holmes
//Doer of Things and Stuff