Re: Small cluster PG question

Thanks for your response. So... if I configured 3 PGs for the pool, would they necessarily each have their primary on a different OSD, thus spreading the load? Or, would it be better to have more PGs to ensure an even distribution?

I was also wondering about the pros and cons performance wise of having a pool size of 3 vs 2. It seems there would be a benefit for reads (1.5 times the bandwidth) but a penalty for writes because the primary has to forward to 2 nodes instead of 1. Does that make sense?

-Roland