can I attach a volume to 2 servers

Hi

I am using ceph infernalis.

it works fine with my openstack liberty.

I am trying to test nova evacuate.

All the vms' volumes are shared among all compute nodes. however, the instance files (/var/lib/nova/instances) are in each compute node's local storage.

Based on redhat docs(https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_OpenStack_Platform/6/html/Administration_Guide/section-evacuation.html), nova evacuate require sync the instance files as well and they created a NFS cluster.

Since ceph is also shared among all nodes as well, I was thinking to create a volume in ceph and attach this volume to all compute nodes.

just wondering is this doable?

(I have already attached this volume to 2 servers, server A and server B. If I write something in server A, seems it is not visible to server B. I have to re-attach the volume to server B so that server B can see it.)