From: Edward Huyer <erhvks@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2016 11:30 AM
Subject: Mapping RBD On Ceph Cluster Node
To: <ceph-users@xxxxxxxx>

This is more of a "why" than a "can I/should I" question.

The Ceph block device quickstart says (if I interpret it correctly) not to use a physical machine as both a Ceph RBD client and a node for hosting OSDs or other Ceph services.

Is this interpretation correct? If so, what is the reasoning? If not, what is it actually saying?

Thanks in advance.