Re: fibre channel as ceph storage interconnect

Hi,

your easiest way here if you want to use your FC hardware is to do IP over FC so that you can leverage the existing FC HBA in your servers but stick to IP as a communication layer. FC here would just be a low latency transport/encapsulation layer.

I’ve played with this gazillion years ago (early 2000’s) when I was with working with EMC and Brocade.

The question here is that I’m not sure who still supports IP over FC and it would be dependent on your FC HBAs, FC switches/directors.

For information, here is a link for AIX setup https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/#!/ssw_aix_71/com.ibm.aix.networkcomm/fibrechan_intro.htm