Re: cache tier&Journal

Hi min,

just like Paul already explained.

The cache is made out of OSD's ( which have just like any other OSD's
their own journal ).

So it depends on you what structure you will build. You can place all
journals of hot and cold storage ( hot = cache, cold = regular storage )
together on same SSD's.

You can also place the journal on the OSD's for the cache itself.

You can also have special SSD's who hold all journals for the cache OSD's.

And so on.

-----

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/cache-tiering/

points on

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map/#placing-different-pools-on-different-osds

So to build up cache, you will have first to create all OSD's you need (
hot and cold ones ).

Then you will devide this OSD's into two pools with the crush map.

Then you will make one of the pools the cache.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Oliver Dzombic
IP-Interactive

mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anschrift:

IP Interactive UG ( haftungsbeschraenkt )
Zum Sonnenberg 1-3
63571 Gelnhausen

HRB 93402 beim Amtsgericht Hanau
Geschäftsführung: Oliver Dzombic