Status of CephFS

Hi All,

We would like to deploy Ceph and we would need to use CephFS internally, but of course without any compromise on data durability.

The setup would include five nodes, two monitors and three OSDs, so data would be redundant (we would add the MDS for CephFS, of course).

I would like to understand, in very practical terms, what are the implications of using CephFS now, with respect to this warning: "

Important

CephFS currently lacks a robust ‘fsck’ check and repair function. Please use caution when storing important data as the disaster recovery tools are still under development. For more information about using CephFS today, see CephFS for early adopters"

from: http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/

Should I expect data losses if many users read/write data on the FS?
Are there incoming new releases that will come without the warning above?

Regards,

Vincenzo Pii | TERALYTICS
DevOps Engineer

Teralytics AG | Zollstrasse 62 | 8005 Zurich | Switzerland
www.teralytics.net

Company registration number: CH-020.3.037.709-7 | Trade register Canton Zurich
Board of directors: Georg Polzer, Luciano Franceschina, Mark Schmitz, Yann de Vries

This e-mail message contains confidential information which is for the sole attention and use of the intended recipient. Please notify us at once if you think that it may not be intended for you and delete it immediately.