Re: Mon placement over wide area

Здравствуйте!

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 07:48:58AM +0000, Maxime.Guyot wrote:

> Hi Adrian,

> Looking at the documentation RadosGW has multi region support with the “federated gateways” (http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/federated-config/):
> "When you deploy a Ceph Object Store service that spans geographical locales, configuring Ceph Object Gateway regions and metadata synchronization agents enables the service to maintain a global namespace, even though Ceph Object Gateway instances run in different geographic locales and potentially on different Ceph Storage Clusters.”

> Maybe that could do the trick for your multi metro EC pools?

> Disclaimer: I haven't tested the federated gateways RadosGW.

As I can see in doc, Jewel have to be able to perform per-image async mirroring:

There is new support for mirroring (asynchronous replication) of RBD images
across clusters. This is implemented as a per-RBD image journal that can be
streamed across a WAN to another site, and a new rbd-mirror daemon that performs
the cross-cluster replication.

© http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/release-notes/

I will test it 1-2 month later this year :)

--
WBR, Max A. Krasilnikov