Re: Deprecating ext4 support

Hi,

Am 11.04.2016 um 23:39 schrieb Sage Weil:
> ext4 has never been recommended, but we did test it.  After Jewel is out,
> we would like explicitly recommend *against* ext4 and stop testing it.
Hmmm. We're currently migrating away from xfs as we had some strange
performance-issues which were resolved / got better by switching to
ext4. We think this is related to our high number of objects (4358
Mobjects according to ceph -s).

> Recently we discovered an issue with the long object name handling
> that is not fixable without rewriting a significant chunk of
> FileStores filename handling.  (There is a limit in the amount of
> xattr data ext4 can store in the inode, which causes problems in
> LFNIndex.)
We're only using cephfs so we shouldn't be affected by your discovered
bug, right?

--
Kind regards
 Michael