Re: moving qcow2 image of a VM/guest (

If you have a qcow2 image on *local* type storage and move it to a
ceph pool pmox will automatically convert the image to raw.

Performance is entirely down to your particular setup - moving image
to a ceph pool certainly won't guarantee performance increase - in
fact the opposite could happen.

You can benchmark your ceph setup easily.

http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/wiki/Benchmark_Ceph_Cluster_Performance