optimization for write when object map feature enabled

Hi Jason,
Sorry to bother you. A question about object map.
object map tracks which blocks of the image are actually allocated.
I can see one use case is for read optimization. For read, it checks the object existence first,if the object doesn't exist locally, it sends read directly to parent. so this avoid a child read operation.
However, I doubt why there is no optimization for write. we still issue guard write which will issue stat first to check the object existence even if the object has been copied up. My understanding  is if we enable object map feature, the guard write can also be optimized, no "stat" is needed any more. Is this right?

Thanks
Cory