Creating new user to mount cephfs

I am trying to get cephfs mounted as a user other than client.admin in order to avoid putting the admin keyring on the client host.  When I try to connect with that user and keyring I am getting the following error:

mount error 13 = Permission denied

I am following the exact instructions that Karan Singh put in Ceph Cookbook but they do not seem to work.  I checked the errata but didn't see any mention of there being any errors.  It might be important to state that I am using Jewel and am not sure if there would be a difference.  I followed the steps to create the osd pools for data and metadata, created the filesystem, then created a user which has rwx access to both pools as follows:

ceph auth get-or-create client.cephfs mon 'allow r' osd 'allow rwx pool=cephfs_metadata,allow rwx pool=cephfs_data' -o /etc/ceph/client.cephfs.keyring

I then write out the keyring in /etc/ceph/ before I transfer it to my cephfs client host:

ceph-authtool -p -n client.cephfs /etc/ceph/client.cephfs.keyring > /etc/ceph/client.cephfs

I then put the key in a file (cephfs.key) to be used to mount the filesystem instead of specifying the key on the command like or during startup. When I try to mount the filesystem as the root user using the following command I get the above error.

mount -t ceph mon2:6789:/ /data -o name=cephfs,secretfile=/etc/ceph/cephfs.key