Ceph Thin Provisioning on OpenStack Instances

Hi,

Is there anyone done thin provisioning on OpenStack instances (virtual machine)? Based on the current configurations, it works well with my cloud using ceph 0.94.5 with SSD journal (from 18mins to around 7 mins for creating an 40GB instance and not good SSD iops). But what I wanted is the storage space as it copied the whole image from Glance (40GB) to each newly created virtual machine, is there any chances that it will copy only the top changes? somewhat like a vmware-like snapshot, but still the base image is still there.

Current setup:
xxx --> (uploaded glance image, say Centos 7 with 40GB)

if create an instance,
xxx + yyy  where yyy is the new changes
(40GB + MB/GB changes)

Plan setup:
(it will save storage as it will not copy xxx)
yyy is only stored on the ceph

As per testing on current cloud, the OpenStack snapshot still copy the whole image + new changes. Correct me if wrong as still using the Kilo release (2015.1.1) or maybe it was a misconfiguration? And the more I added the users, the more OSDs will be added too.

Any insights are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mario