Re: xenserver or xen ceph

Hi.

There is a solution for Ceph in XenServer. With the help of my engineer Mark, we developed a simple patch which allows you to search and attach RBD image on XenServer. We create LVHD over the RBD (not RBD per VDI mapping yet), so it is far from ideal, but its a good start. The process of creating the SR over RBD works even from XenCenter.

https://github.com/mstarikov/rbdsr

Install notes are included and its very simple. Takes you few minutes per XenServer.

We have been running this in our Sydney Citrix lab for sometime and I have been running this at home also. Works great. For the future, the patch should work in the upcoming version of XenServer (Dundee) as well. Also we are trying to push native Ceph packages in the new version and build experimental (not official or approved yet) version of smapi which would allow us to map RBD per VDI. But there are no details on this. Anyway, everyone is welcome to participate in improving the patch on github.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Jiri