Re: how to re-add a deleted osd device as a osd with data

> Hello,
>
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 13:41:57 +0800 lin zhou wrote:
>
> > Hi,guys.
> > some days ago,one osd have a large latency seeing in ceph osd perf.and
> > this device make this node a high cpu await.
> The thing to do at that point would have been look at things with atop or
> iostat to verify that it was the device itself that was slow and not
> because it was genuinely busy due to uneven activity maybe.
> As well as a quick glance at SMART of course.

Thanks.I will follow this when I face this problem next time.

> > So,I delete this osd ad then check this device.
> If that device (HDD, SSD, which model?) slowed down your cluster, you
> should not have deleted it.
> The best method would have been to set your cluster to noout and stop that
> specific OSD.
>
> When you say "delete", what exact steps did you take?
> Did this include removing it from the crush map?

Yes,I delete it from crush map.delete its auth,and rm osd.

> > But nothing error found.
> >
> > And now I want to re-add this device into cluster with it's data.
> >
> All the data was already replicated elsewhere if you deleted/removed the
> OSD, you're likely not going to save much if any data movement by re-adding
> it.

Yes,the cluster finished rebalance.but I face a problem of one unfound object.
And in the output of pg query in recovery_state say,this osd is
down,but other odds are ok.
So I want to recover this osd to recover this unfound object.

and mark_unfound_lost revert/delete do not work:
Error EINVAL: pg has 1 unfound objects but we haven't probed all sources,

detail see:
http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2016-March/008452.html

Thanks again.