Re: xfs: v4 or v5?

V5 is supposedly stable, but that only means it will be just as bad as any other XFS.

I recommend avoiding XFS whenever possible. Ext4 works perfectly and I never lost any data with it, even when it got corrupted, while XFS still likes to eat the data when something goes wrong (and it will, like when you hit bit rot or a data cable fails).

Jan