Re: Performance with encrypted OSDs

Compared to ceph-osd overhead, the dm-crypt overhead will be completely negligible for most scenarios.
One exception could be sequential reads with slow CPU (not supporting AES), but I don't expect more than a few percent difference even then.

Btw nicer solution is to use SED drives. Spindles are no problem (Hitachi makes them for example), SSDs are trickier - DC-class Intels don't support it for example.

Jan