Re: CephFS question

On Friday, March 11, 2016, Sándor Szombat <szombat.sandor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys!

We use Ceph and we need a distributed storage cluster for our files. I check CephFS but documentation says  we can only use 1 MDS this time.

This is referring to the number of active MDS servers. You can have an arbitrary number of standby servers which will take over in case of failure on the master.

So because of the HA we need 3 MDS on three master node. What is your experience with CephFS? It is buggy? Anybody has an idea when it will be "product ready"?

We use CephFS internally to store test logs and back the ceph-post-file infrastructure and it's been well-behaved, but that's a pretty limited set of workloads.

That said, we're declaring a basic set of functionality to be stable in Jewel now that we have repair tools ready to use.
-Greg

Thanks for your help!
Have a nice day!