how to choose EC plugins and rulesets

Hello,

We are looking for recommendations and guidelines for using erasure codes (EC)
with Ceph.

Our setup consists of 25 identical nodes which we dedicate to Ceph. Each node
contains 10 HDDs (full specs below)

We started with 10 nodes (comprising 100 OSDs) and created a pool with 3-times
replication.

In order to increase the usable capacity, we would like to go for EC instead of
replication.

- Can anybody share with us recommendations regarding the choice of plugins and
rulesets?
- In particular, how do we relate to the number of nodes and OSDs? Any formulas
or rules of thumb?
- Is it possible to change rulesets live on a pool?

We currently use Infernalis but plan to move to Jewel.

- Are there any improvement in Jewel with regard to erasure codes?

Looking forward for your answers.

=====

Full specs of nodes

CPU: 2 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 128GB of Memory
OS Storage: 2 x SSD 240GB Intel S3500 DC (raid 1)
Journal Storage: 2 x SSD 400GB Intel S3300 DC (no Raid)
OSD Disk: 10 x HGST ultrastar-7k6000 6TB
Network: 1 x 10Gb/s
OS: Ubuntu 14.04

--
Yoann Moulin