Re: librados: how to get notified when a certain object is created

On 2016-02-23 20:48, Gregory Farnum wrote:
On Saturday, February 20, 2016, Sorin Manolache <sorinm@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:sorinm@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello,

    I can set a watch on an object in librados. Does this object have to
    exist already at the moment I'm setting the watch on it? What
    happens if the object does not exist? Is my watcher valid? Will I
    get notified when someone else creates the missing object that I'm
    watching and sends a notification?

I believe a watch implicitly creates the object, but you could run it on
a non-existent object and check. ;) but...

I hadn't tried that when I asked the question as I was still down at the learning curve of librados. I've tried it in the meantime and rados_watch returns ENOENT if the object does not exist.

Sorin