OSD Performance Counters

Hi All,

Could someone please sanity check this for me please. I trying to get my
head round what counter reflect what and how they correlate to end user
performance.

In the attached graph I am graphing averages of the counters across all
OSD's on one host

Blue = osd.w_op_latency
Red = Max of above
Green = Journal Latency
Orange = Apply Latency
Brown = Commit latency / 100 (so it can fit on graph)
Black = Sub op Latency

Am I correct in saying that

1. The actual time for a write IO = op_w_latency (excluding RTT from client
to OSD)
2. op_w_latency = Apply latency + concurrent apply latency on replica SSD
3. Journal Latency = SSD write time + Ceph overhead (SSD await is slightly
lower)
4. Sub OP Latency = Journal Latency on both nodes + Ceph Overheads
(Dispatch/messenger)  + Network Latency
5. Commit Latency = How long it takes to flush buffers to disk - Doesn't
directly affect latency unless there is a backlog
6. Apply Latency = Journal Latency + Queue if disks are too far behind
journal

Questions
1. Is there any way to see the network latency between OSD's in a counter?
2. Why in my graph does the op_w_latency not go up by the same amount
between 07:00 and 08:00, despite the apply latency tripling. I guessing the
disks are saturating and the filestore throttle is kicking in, but confused
why the op_w_latency counter does not increase.

Generally if they are any other counters that are interesting to look at,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Nick