CEPH with SSD's for RBD

Hello Cephers,

I'm planing hardware environment, I want to use CEPH for VM's which will be managed by OpenStack. So far, in my virtualized DEV cloud, all looks great, OpenStack works well with KVM + CEPH, but I want to increase performance with SSD's. Full SSD CEPH cluster will be too expensive and I am looking more for Cache Tiering or setting up journals to use SSD's, but last only increase writes.

Which setup would be preferred when CEPH is used as RBD for VM's?
Few days back was discussion in mailing list, that Cache Tiering (probably) corrupt VM's images. Are any other people who successfully use Cache Tiering with virtualization and can share experience? Is it possible to use one cache pool for multiple "cold" pools? For example, to use one cache pool for cinder volume pool and nova vm's pool?

Maybe better use case is to setting up journals on SSD's and create Cache Tier pool with read-only for volumes and vm's, so it should increase both reads and writes?

What other tips community can give in a way to "hybrid" CEPH cluster which will mainly use as RBD for VM's?

Best regards,
Martins