Re: Dell Ceph Hardware recommendations

We are using Dell R730XD's with 2 x Internal SAS in Raid 1 for OS. 24 x 400GB SSD.

PERC H730P Mini is being used with non-RAID passthrough for the SSD's.

CPU and RAM specs aren't really needed to be known as you can do whatever you want, however I would recommend minimum of 2 x quad's and at least 48GB of RAM.

NICS are 4 x 10G (2 x 10 bonded for cluster, 2 x bonded for public). Naturally, you have the 4 x 1G on-board too.

Performance is very good for us.

Coupled with CentOS 7, OMSA, Zabbix (custom scripts) and Ceph Dash; you can get some nice metrics and real time alerting.

Cheers,
Matt.