Re: Tips for faster openstack instance boot

I'm not sure what's normal, but I'm on Openstack Juno with ceph .94.5 using separate pools for nova, glance, and cinder.  Takes 16 seconds to start an instance (el7 minimal).

Everything is on 10GE and I'm using cache tiering, which I'm sure speeds things up.  Can personally verify that COW is working as I recently killed my images pool as a result of a bug and user error and had to recreate the base image and re-associate the VM image with the parent-id of the new base image before I could get all my VMs working again.