Re: can not umount ceph osd partition

Hello!

On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 11:10:06AM +0100, yoann.moulin wrote:

> Hello,

>>> is "lsof -n | grep /dev/sdf" give something ?
>>
>> Nothing.
>>
>>> and are you sure /dev/sdf is the disk for osd 13 ?
>>
>> Absolutelly. I have even tried fsck -yf /dev/disk/by-label/osd-13. No luck.
>>
>> Disk is mounted using LABEL in fstab, journal is symlink to
>> /dev/disk/by-partlabel/j-13.

> I think it's more linux related.

Maybe. But I have it only on ceph boxes :(

> could you try to look with lsof if something hold the device by the
> label or uuid instead of /dev/sdf ?

> you can try to delete the device from the scsi bus with something like :

> echo 1 > /sys/block/<dev>/device/delete

> be careful, it is like removing the disk physically, if a process holds
> the device, you might expect that process gonna switch into kernel
> status "D+" . You won't be able to kill that process even by kill -9. To
> stop it, you will have to reboot the server.

> you can give a look here how to manipulate scsi bus:

> http://fibrevillage.com/storage/279-hot-add-remove-rescan-of-scsi-devices-on-linux

> you can install the package "scsitools" that provide rescan-scsi-bus.sh
> to rescan you scsi bus to get back your disk removed.

> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man8/rescan-scsi-bus.8.html

> hope that can help you

Thanx a lot! I will try to use partx -u (it sometimes helped me in past to
re-read partitions from disk when gdisk was not able to update kernel's list of
partitions) and software removing/inserting drive.
If some processes fails into uninterruptible sleep, I will reboot node. It will
be rebooted in any case if this will not help.

If I investigate thomething it will be posted here. I think, it can affect other
ceph users.

--
WBR, Max A. Krasilnikov
ColoCall Data Center