Re: mds0: Client X failing to respond to capability release

Hi,

Am 03.02.2016 um 10:26 schrieb Gregory Farnum:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 10:09 PM, Michael Metz-Martini | SpeedPartner
> GmbH <metz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Putting some higher load via cephfs on the cluster leads to messages
>> like mds0: Client X failing to respond to capability release after some
>> minutes. Requests from other clients start to block after a while.
>> Rebooting the client named client resolves the issue.
> There are some bugs around this functionality, but I *think* your
> clients are new enough it shouldn't be an issue.
> However, it's entirely possible your clients are actually making use
> of enough inodes that the MDS server is running into its default
> limits. If your MDS has memory available, you probably want to
> increase the cache size from its default 100k (mds cache size = X).
mds_cache_size is already 4000000 and so a lot higher than usual.
(google said I should increase ...)

> Or maybe your kernels are too old; Zheng would know.
We're already far away from centos-Dist-Kernel. but upgrading to 4.4.x
for the clients should be possible if that might help.

--
Kind regards
 Michael