Re: Upgrading Ceph

What if the upgrade fails, what is the rollback scenario?

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:10 PM, <ceph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just upgraded from firefly to infernalis (firefly to hammer to
infernalis) my cluster
All came like a charm
I upgraded mon first, then the osd, one by one, restarting the daemon
after each upgrade
Remember to change uid of your file, as the osd daemon now run under the
user ceph (and not root): can be pretty long operation .. do the chown,
then upgrade, then shut the daemon, rechown the remaining files, start
the daemon (use chown --from=0:0 ceph:ceph -R /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-2
to speed up the last chown)

To conclude, I upgraded the whole cluster without a single downtime
(pretty surprised, didn't expect the process to be "that" robust)