Re: Remove MDS

You can get rid of a daemon by simply stopping it and removing its
directory in /var/lib/ceph/mds -- no important state is stored locally
on the servers running MDS daemons.

Hopefully your new server is already up and running, so you can see
both the new and the old servers' daemons in "ceph mds dump".  Once
you stop the old one, it should disappear from the mds status within a
minute, or you can pre-empt that by using "ceph mds fail".

Cheers,
John