High IOWAIT On OpenStack Instance

Hi All,

We are testing Ceph with OpenStack and installed 3 Mon (This three monitor nodes are also OpenStack controller and network node), 6 OSD (3 of the OSDs are also Nova Computer Node).

There are total 24 OSDs (21 SAS, 3 SSD and all journals are in SSD).

There is no cache tiering for now.

Before power problem, I had great test and achieved following results:

Running VM: 106
Software: iometer
Hardware: HP DL 360e Gen8
Network: 10G Network for Storage
IOPS: 40K IOPS (30/70 write,read)

Now after the incident, I have installed the cluster from scratch and having 90 to 100 % iowait on all of the vm I have created.

I know this might be from hardware failure or network but I need to pinpoint who the culprit is.

Does any one has good procedure to pinpoint this kind of problems?

Thx