Re: Ceph RBD bench has a strange behaviour when RBD client caching is active

What release are you testing?  You might be hitting this issue [1] where 'rbd bench-write' would issue the same IO request repeatedly.  With writeback cache enabled, this would result in virtually no ops issued to the backend.

[1] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/14283

--

Jason Dillaman