Re: Shared cache and regular pool

Hi,

On 01/08/2016 08:07 AM, Christian Balzer wrote:
Hello,

just in case I'm missing something obvious, there is no reason a pool
called aptly "ssd" can't be used simultaneously as a regular RBD pool and
for cache tiering, right?
AFAIK the cache configuration is stored in the pool entry itself (see 'ceph osd pool ls detail'). I'm sure it will interfere with the RBD pool usage. The pool quotas like max bytes or max objects would also apply to the RBD objects.

I manage ssd based storage with an extra crush ruleset, so creating separate pools for caches and RBDs is simple, but involves some overhead due to the extra PGs on the OSDs.

Regards,
Burkhard