Re: KVM problems when rebalance occurs

With these min,max settings, we didn't have any problem going to more backfills.

Robert LeBlanc

Sent from a mobile device please excuse any typos.

On Jan 7, 2016 8:30 AM, "nick" <nick@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Heya,
thank you for your answers. We will try to set 16/32 as values for
osd_backfill_scan_[min|max]. I also set the debug logging config. Here is an
excerpt of our new ceph.conf:

"""
[osd]
osd max backfills = 1
osd backfill scan max = 32
osd backfill scan min = 16
osd recovery max active = 1
osd recovery op priority = 1
osd op threads = 8

[global]
debug optracker = 0/0
debug asok = 0/0
debug hadoop = 0/0
debug mds migrator = 0/0
debug objclass = 0/0
debug paxos = 0/0
debug context = 0/0
debug objecter = 0/0
debug mds balancer = 0/0
debug finisher = 0/0
debug auth = 0/0
debug buffer = 0/0
debug lockdep = 0/0
debug mds log = 0/0
debug heartbeatmap = 0/0
debug journaler = 0/0
debug mon = 0/0
debug client = 0/0
debug mds = 0/0
debug throttle = 0/0
debug journal = 0/0
debug crush = 0/0
debug objectcacher = 0/0
debug filer = 0/0
debug perfcounter = 0/0
debug filestore = 0/0
debug rgw = 0/0
debug monc = 0/0
debug rbd = 0/0
debug tp = 0/0
debug osd = 0/0
debug ms = 0/0
debug mds locker = 0/0
debug timer = 0/0
debug mds log expire = 0/0
debug rados = 0/0
debug striper = 0/0
debug rbd replay = 0/0
debug none = 0/0
debug keyvaluestore = 0/0
debug compressor = 0/0
debug crypto = 0/0
debug xio = 0/0
debug civetweb = 0/0
debug newstore = 0/0
"""

I already made a benchmark on our staging setup with the new config and fio, but
did not really get different results than before.

For us it is hardly possible to reproduce the 'stalling' problems on the
staging cluster so I will have to wait and test this in production.

Does anyone know if 'osd max backfills' > 1 could have an impact as well? The
default seems to be 10...

Cheers
Nick