Re: more performance issues :(

FYI, osd_op_threads is not used in the main io path anymore (from Giant). I don’t think increasing this will do any good.

If you want to tweak threads in io path play with the following two.

osd_op_num_threads_per_shard

osd_op_num_shards

But, It may not be the problem with writes..Default value should work just fine..Need some more info..

1. Are you using fio-rbd ? If so, try running with rbd_cache = false in the client side ceph.conf and see if that is making any difference.

2. What is the block size you are trying with ?

3. Check how the SSD is behaving with raw fio o_direct and o_dsync mode with the same block size

4. What kind of fio write io profile are you running ? Hope you are doing similar IO profile with benchwrite.

5. How many OSDs a single SSD as journal is serving ? How many OSDs total you are running ? what is the replication factor ?

6. Hope none of the resources are saturating

Thanks & Regards

Somnath