Another corruption detection/correction question - exposure between 'event' and 'repair'?

After messing up some of my data in the past (my own doing, playing with
BTRFS in old kernels), I've been extra cautious and now run a ZFS mirror
across multiple RBD images. It's led me to believe that I have a faulty
SSD in one of my hosts:

sdb without a journal - fine (but slow)
sdc without a journal - fine (but slow)
sdd without a journal - fine (but slow)

sdb with sda4 as journal - checksum errors appear in ZFS
sdc with sda5 as journal - checksum errors appear in ZFS
sdd with sda6 as journal - checksum errors appear in ZFS

So, I believe the SSD in sda is in some way defective, but my question
is around the detection and correction of this 'corruption'.

"nodeep-scrub flag(s) set" currently, due to the performance impact.
But, if it were set, it seems to find problems, which I can then repair.
However ... is this a safe repair, using a good copy each object? Will
it be with NewStore? I still seem to get errors regularly bubbling their
way up into ZFS, but I can't reliably ascertain whether they're the
result of a corruption which has happened *before* the next Ceph deep
scrub (therefore still exposed anyway in this timeframe?), or is *after*
a repair?

I'm obviously hoping for an eventual scenario where this is all
transparent to the ZFS layer and it stops detecting checksum errors :)

Thanks,
Chris