Re: Another MDS crash... log included

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Florent B <florent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I had another MDS crash, but this time it was an active MDS crash.
>
> Log is here : http://paste.ubuntu.com/14136900/
>
> Infernalis on Debian Jessie (packaged version).
>
> Does anyone know something about it ?

That's not an MDS crash.  The MDS is respawning itself because it got
a message from the monitor indicating that it had been removed from
the MDSMap.  That will happen if the mon and MDS lose contact for too
long, which appears to have happened here (lost contact for about 40
seconds up to the time 13:42:20, when the new mdsmap is received).

You will need to diagnose what caused the mon and MDS to lose contact
during this time window, or possibly what caused the mons to be
unresponsive if that was the case.

John