Re: data partition and journal on same disk

Hello Dan,

Yes, this is de default. They are just two partitions. The ceph-deploy or ceph-disk prepare commands will create two partitions on the disk, one used as journal and one as data partition, normally formatted as xfs. In the data partition there is a file 'journal', which is a simlink to a journal partition (the UUID of this partitinon) (but you can actually point it to any blockdevice you want to use as journal). If you want to change the journal to a different location, please stop the osd, flush the journal, replace the link, prepare the new journal device, start the osd.

regards.

mart